Natural Ink: College = Over.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

College = Over.

I've been in college off and on since I was 15. I did dual enrollment and had all these plans to graduate with my Bachelor's by the time I was 19 or 20. Well, didn't happen. My anxiety took over so I could only take a class or two at a time, and I changed my major like 5 times in CC. It took a long time to get my Associate's but I got it in Criminal Justice.

I started at AMU for my Bachelor's in Criminology, but the classes were kind of traumatizing (hello autopsy photos of toddlers that can never be unseen) and it turns out the online program was not set up for Mac users. I couldn't do hardly any of the work because all the programs were for PCs, and I didn't have the money to buy a separate PC just for classes. Plus, the teachers were all pretty harsh and the school was an overall bad fit, so I dropped out. I took about a year off before I decided to try it again.

By this time, I was writing and was interested in getting a Creative Writing degree. Enter SNHU. They had an all online program and I qualified for a decent amount of financial aid. I was full time with them for just over a year, and I just wrapped up my last classes on Tuesday.

So Bachelors degree in Creative Writing is DONE!

It's a big weight off my shoulders. I mean, I finally finished my schooling. But it's also this big "WHAT NOW?' kind of thing. I've been a student since I was 5 and a college student since I was 15. So now it's like, what do I do? What direction do I take? Where do I go from here? Where do I apply job-wise with this degree? It's all super stressful. I'm trying to take it all as it comes but we all know I don't handle change and stress well.

I am trying out a new therapy this coming week. They use something called EVOX. It sounds really weird, so right up my alley. Fingers crossed it gets me out of this nut tree.

- P.S. I am closing the long distance relationship milage gap next week! We're finally meeting and spending a week together! EEP! Plenty of pictures and a post about that afterwards. <3 <3

No comments: