Natural Ink: 40 Question Beauty Tag - Revisited 3 Years Later

Monday, August 10, 2015

40 Question Beauty Tag - Revisited 3 Years Later





I did this post over 3 years ago (and it got over 63 thousand views. Internet, you cray, let's have a slumber party) and thought I would re-visit it since I've gone more natural/holistic after all my health issues. My answers are so different now, it's hard to believe how obsessed with makeup I was once upon a time. The obsession is still there - replace the Klondike bar in, "What would you doooo for a Klondike bar?" with makeup and my answer will probably scare you - but I do my research now (usually on my phone in the aisle) and try to go with the less toxic brands. Some are outrageously priced but do have better ingredients, so I've been scouring the 'Net a lot looking for good, yet affordable, products I'm comfortable using and promoting.

SKINCARE


- How many times do you wash your face daily? Some days I don't wash at all if I haven't worn makeup. But typically, twice-ish. I use water and/or a charcoal sponge in the morning (no cleanser) and I use the oil cleansing method at night.
- What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo) - Combo.
- What is your current facial wash? Combo of olive, jojoba, castor, and tea tree oil.
- Toner? Currently I just use Rose Water.
- Do you exfoliate? Yes, once or twice a week.
- What brand do you use? A homemade coffee/coconut oil scrub.
- What moisturizer do you use? Pacifica Dreamy Youth.
- Serum? Amara Organics Hyaluronic Acid. Stuff is amazeballs.
- Do you have freckles? Lots.
- Do you use eye cream? I use an oil by Derma-e.
- Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I had major acne growing up but as soon as I cut gluten and dairy out of my diet, surprise, it all went away. Now I only get monthly hormonal breakouts that are very small.
- Did you ever use Pro-activ? I did when I was about 14-15. It worked for a few months and then the results stopped.

MAKE-UP

- What foundation do you use? Physican's Formula Organic Wear CC Cream in Light.
- How about concealer? Physicians' Formula Conceal RX in Fair Light.
- Do you know your undertone color? Pink.
- What do you think of fake eyelashes? They never work for me; look way too overdone and never natural.
- Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes.
- What brand of mascara do you use? Physician's Formula. Right now I switch up between their Organic Wear Curl & Care and the Eye Boost Instant Lash Extensions Kit.
- Sephora or MAC? Sephora. Never been in a MAC store.
- Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No.
- What makeup tools do you use in make up application? Stippling brush for foundation, eyeshadow brushes, powder brush for powder and blush, angled brush for eyebrows, tapered brush for highlighter and bronzer, and eyelash curler.
- Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? No, right now it's plain shadow or a cream based shadow as a primer.
- For the face? Not anymore. I do miss them, so I'm looking for a natural one.
- What is your favorite eyeshadow? I still love Urban Decay even though the toxicity isn't great. I still need to play around with natural brand eye shadows.
- Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I prefer gel.
- How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Not very.
- What do you think of pigment eye shadows? Love.
- Do you use mineral makeup? No. Alima makes a great one ingredient-wise, but mineral always looks too powdery on me or it doesn't last more than a couple of hours. Liquid works better on my skin.
- What is your favorite lipstick? Right now, Pacifica.
- What is your favorite blush to use? I'm still looking for a favorite, but Physician's Formula is pretty decent. I use the Happy Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose.
- Do you buy your makeup on eBay? Not lately.
- Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes!
- Do you go to CCO's? No.
- Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? Yes, but I couldn't find any near me.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No.
- Name a makeup crime that you hate? Using the sponge applicators that come with a lot of drugstore brands
- Do you like colorful shades of makeup or neutral ones? Used to be colorful but I stick with more neutrals now. Sometimes I'll do a purple or green look, but usually it's a brown/gold eye.
- If you could leave the house using just one make up item, what would you use? Mascara.
- Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yes.
- Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I look sleep-deprived, but I'm much more comfortable in my skin now than I used to be.
- In your opinion, what is the best makeup line? Physician's Formula currently because it has decent ingredients, especially the Organics line, and if you catch them on a sale at CVS or Walgreens you can rack up.

No comments: